The Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) and the Grants Administration Committee are now accepting online applications for the 2017 Bookapalooza Program. This program offers select libraries a collection of materials to be used in a way that creatively enhances their library service to children and families. The materials are primarily for children age birth through 14 and include newly published books, videos, audio books and recordings from children’s trade publishers.
Each applicant will be judge on the following:
- The degree of need in the community;
- The degree of need of the library where the materials will be used;
- The extent to which the materials will improve service to children in the community;
- The extent to which the plan for using the materials is creative and innovative;
- The clarity and effectiveness of the plan to make the materials available;
- The clarity and effectiveness of the statement of need.
- Applicants must be personal members of ALSC, as well as ALA members to apply. Deadline for submissions is Feb. 1, 2017. For more information about the award requirements and submitting the online application please visit the Bookapalooza Web page.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2016/11/alsc-now-accepting-applic...