Published 8/11/2020 4:15 PM CT
A Census 2020 Reboot Event hosted by Illinois Heartland Library System
Monday, Aug. 10, 2020, 1-2 p.m. on Zoom
Please note: due to technical difficulties incurred, the recording starts approximately 10 minutes into the event.
The deadline for responding to the 2020 Census has been ***MOVED UP*** to Sept. 30, 2020. Is your library ready? Join us for a Census reboot event featuring Joe Natale and a panel of public library staff working to ensure a complete count in Illinois.
Joe Natale, Chief Deputy Director of the Illinois State Library and Census 2020 Complete Count Committee Member
- Joe Natale, Illinois State Library and Census 2020 Complete Count Committee
- Lauren Chambers, The Urbana Free Library
- Diana Donahoo, Centralia Regional Library District
- Johnna Schultz, Effingham Public Library
- Ashley Stewart, Caseyville Public Library
Through this event you will learn:
- The newest Census 2020 timeline, the real response deadline, and what the April 1 day meant
- The status of the Census count in Illinois and what it means for your community
- What public libraries are doing to promote the Census mid-pandemic
- How your library can get your Census efforts back on track or develop plans now - and why you should make it a priority
This event has passed. Please watch the event recording above or on YouTube.