Monday, Aug. 10, 2020, 1-2 p.m. on Zoom
The Census 2020 response deadline has been pushed back to October 31. Are you ready? Join us for a Census reboot event featuring Joe Natale and a panel of public library staff working to ensure a complete count in Illinois.
Joe Natale, Chief Deputy Director of the Illinois State Library and Census 2020 Complete Count Committee Member
- Joe Natale, Illinois State Library and Census 2020 Complete Count Committee
- Lauren Chambers, The Urbana Free Library *NEW*
- Diana Donahoo, Centralia Regional Library District
- Johnna Schultz, Effingham Public Library
- Ashley Stewart, Caseyville Public Library
- additional panelists to be announced
Through this event you will learn:
- The newest Census 2020 timeline, the real response deadline, and what the April 1 day meant
- The status of the Census count in Illinois and what it means for your community
- What public libraries are doing to promote the Census mid-pandemic
- How your library can get your Census efforts back on track or develop plans now - and why you should make it a priority
Registration will take place through Zoom, and your event access link will be emailed to you through Zoom after registration. Advance registration is required.
This event has been developed especially for public libraries in central and southern Illinois; however, all Illinois libraries are welcome to attend.
Please note: This IHLS event registration is occurring through Zoom due to the Library Learning (L2) transition. Post-transition, IHLS will resume registrations through the Library Learning website.