From the ALA website:
To award $1,000 for collection development to YALSA members who represent a public library and who work directly with young adults ages 12 to 18. Up to two grants will be awarded annually.
Each application will be judged on the basis of:
- The degree of need for additional materials for young adults.
- The degree of the current collection's use and the specificity of examples used.
- The soundness of the rationale for the selection of materials.
- The quality of the description of the benefits this grant will bring to young adults.
- The degree to which the applicant's approach to collection development aligns with the principles in The Future of Library Services for and with Teens: a Call to Action
For additonal information, and to apply for this grant, please visit the ALA website at http://www.ala.org/yalsa/awardsandgrants/bwi