The Office of the Secretary of State and the Illinois State Library are charged with administering two public library construction programs: the Live and Learn Construction Grant Program, and the Public Library Construction Act Grant Program. Each program operates under a separate set of rules unique to the statutory charge of the program, and each is applied for individually. A library cannot apply for both programs in the same award year.
Live and Learn Construction Grant Program
- Funded by an annual state legislative appropriation.
- Awarded by the Secretary based on recommendations received from a statewide committee following their review process.
- Appropriate for libraries that are interested in: Remodeling for accessibility, Mini-Grants, or new construction, additions to and/or remodeling of existing buildings.
- Grant awards and ranges depend on the program applied for and the match amount, if required.
- FY 2021 applications are due on January 15, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this public library construction grant program, visit the Live and Learn Construction Grant Program website.