The O’Fallon Public Library seeks a friendly, positive, enthusiastic, customer-oriented individual to fill a part-time position in our busy Circulation Department.
- Assisting library customers in person and by phone
- Performing all duties associated with an automated circulation system
- Processing library card applications and orientating patrons to library services
- Assisting customers with book selections using the SHARE online catalog and other online resources
- Helping with special events or other projects as assigned by the Public Services Staff Manager or Director
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work while exceeding the needs of library patrons
- Technology proficiency, ability to explain basic computer skills and online resources to patrons
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, as well as sit, stand, reach, crouch, and perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts and additional hours as needed
- Two years of college or equivalent and 2 years customer service work experience
- $10.79 per hour
- Will vary based on business needs of the library
- Will include morning, afternoon and evening shifts
- Will include 2 weekends per month
- Will average 27 hours per week
Questions about position should be addressed to Laura Picato at 618-206-4341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: Visit our O’Fallon’s Job Opportunities page.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.