Governors State University: http://employment.govst.edu/postings/4315
This position has primary responsibility for leading the University’s records management initiatives. The Records Management Officer works as a team with the Library Archivist and Library Dean to assure campus compliance with the Illinois State Records Act. The incumbent will have consultations with offices of origin concerning records management; recommending and implementing policies and procedures related to records maintenance and disposition; and conduct on-going training of employees (ex. workshops, webinars, and online publications) in records responsibilities.
1. (A) Bachelor’s degree in business administration or administrative sciences.
B) three years of experience in the administration and management of records systems.
C) any combination of (i) college training in administrative sciences or business administration and (ii) experience in records systems management and micrographics that totals three years.
2. Two years of experience in the administration and management of records systems
Desired Education and Experience
- Master’s degree required, preferably in library and information science, archives and records management, or related field.
- Experience in administering a records management program at an institution of higher education.
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Experience providing training or library instruction.
- Experience writing policies and procedures.
- Experience in customer service.
Full-time (7.5 hours per day for a total of 37.5 hours weekly).
Days and hours: This position works Monday through Thursday between 8 am and 10 pm, Friday and Saturday between 8 am to 5 pm, Sunday between 1 and 5 pm with a 30 or 60 minute unpaid lunch. This position is part of the evening and weekend rotation.