Cahokia Public Library District is seeking an Assistant Director/Circulation Manager to join our team. This position will play a critical role not only in the day-to-day operations of the library, but in shaping its future as well. The ideal candidate is someone who is innovative and engaged that will help us move forward in our efforts to be the premier destination in our community for those seeking information and entertainment.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Work with the Library Director on the administration of the library.
- Foster teamwork and trust among the library staff while overseeing day-to-day patron service and circulation operations of the library.
- Act as a consensus builder and work collaboratively with staff, Library Director, and the community.
- Assist in the development of library policies, projects, and strategic plans.
- Continue moving the library forward to best serve the needs of its community.
This opportunity requires:
- Aptitude to build relationships at all levels.
- An intellectual curiosity and eagerness to explore new ideas.
- Ability to engage staff to meet and exceed library goals.
- Capability to effectively present information to staff and library stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of standard library circulation procedures.
Experience you will have:
- Four-year degree in a library-related field (Master’s Degree from ALA-accredited university preferred).
- Three years of progressive experience in public libraries.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
(Combination of education and experience will be considered if you do not meet all areas listed)
This is a full-time hourly position (up to 37.5 hours/week – hours may fluctuate due to current operating hours). Benefits offered with this positon include health insurance, enrollment in IMRF, paid time off, and holiday pay. Wage range is $27,000-$30,000 depending on experience and education.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.