The Vespasian Warner Public Library District in Clinton seeks a creative self-starter to join our staff as a Youth Services Assistant. This is a full-time position. Candidates must be passionate about working with youth, possess strong computer knowledge, be interested in working in a team-centered organization, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and a willingness to grow and adapt on the job.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Youth Services Manager
- Assisting youth, parents, and other members of the public in selecting, locating, and utilizing library resources and instructing youth in library use.
- Planning, preparing for, and implementing programs under the guidance of the Youth Services Manager
- Assisting with maintenance and upkeep of the collections
Candidates are required to have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work well with staff and the public
- Ability to read aloud and relate to listeners
- Ability to follow directions
- Strong computer skills
- A thorough enjoyment of crafting
- Initiative, dependability, good judgment, tact, courtesy, and a good sense of humor
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds, climb stairs, bend, and reach
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and reliable transportation
It is preferred that candidates have:
- Familiarity with current children’s literature
- Experience working with youth
- Experience working in a library setting
- Experience planning and implementing programs
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund)
- Some evening and weekend hours required
- Background check required
- Anticipated start date: March 15, 2021
The Vespasian Warner Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We are committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with three professional references to Corey Campbell at email@example.com or directly to the library at 310 N. Quincy St. in Clinton, IL 61727, Attn: Corey Campbell. The deadline for application is 4pm on Friday, February 5, 2021.
Vespasian Warner Public Library District
Corey Campbell, Youth Services Manager
310 N. Quincy St.
Clinton, Illinois 61727
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org