Arthur Public Library District is seeking a part-time Circulation Clerk to perform a variety of clerical, circulation, and library support tasks and to act as a representative of the library by providing consistent service to library users. 20-30 hours per week, some weekend and evening hours. Starting pay of $12.00 an hour. Hourly wage, PTO, and paid holidays are negotiable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and applies the library policies and procedures while safeguarding confidential and restricted information.
- Checks library materials in and out.
- Collects fines and fees.
- Processes new patron registrations and renews library cards.
- Assist patrons with reference questions, computers and/or tablets, or copying and faxing.
- Process holds on materials and notify customers when they receive items.
- Shelves materials and periodically read and order shelves.
- Keep work areas neat and orderly.
- Cleaning the library if required between janitorial staff visits.
- Attend necessary training to participate in continuing education.
- Perform opening and/or closing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time—2 hours or more.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in difficult situations.
- Ability to utilize basic math skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to bend, kneel, sit, stand, carry and climb a small step stool.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Able to push a cart of at least 50 pounds.
- Have the ability to see and hear patrons, both in-person and on the telephone.
- Able to see and read computer screen and able to type and scan material into the computer.
- The ability to use computers and various hardware/software applications.
Staff members will be assigned other responsibilities based on their abilities and area of interest.
To apply: Please file an application in person or submit an online application here: https://www.arthurlibrary.org/application