Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) is currently seeking a part time Sorter to join our team in Carbondale. The primary role of the Sorter is to assist in the daily sorting of books and other library materials transported by IHLS courier drivers. Other responsibilities include assisting in the preparation of the delivery tubs and bags, shelving IHLS books, delivering library materials to IHLS staff, and performing other clerical duties.
- Ability to read and recognize library names and codes.
- Good working knowledge of personal computer usage including use of the Internet and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work in an organization that embraces customer service.
- Ability to organize time and on occasion, work independently.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Experience working in a library is a plus.
This position requires working less than 20 hours a week and pays $11/hr. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
IHLS offers part time benefits to include Dental, Vision and life insurance options. Here at IHLS we have a great work life balance that is part of our company culture.
IHLS is commitment to workplace diversity, building a diverse workforce, and providing equal opportunities to all regardless of age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, national origin, religion, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.