Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) is currently seeking a part time Courier Driver to join our team in Carbondale. Courier Drivers are a critical component to the provision of customer service. This position sorts and delivers books and other library materials to and from member libraries. Courier Driver services are provided Mondays through Fridays
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive, load, and unload van weighing less than 16,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.
- Drive a scheduled pickup and delivery route, sometimes entering unattended buildings.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Inspect van and van equipment, such as mirrors, lights, gas gauge, temperature gauge, tires, turn signals, and brakes to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic/transportation situations per IHLS protocol.
- Use professional communication methods.
- Attend workshops and participate in training.
- Participate proactively as part of the IHLS team.
- Ability to follow security measures for libraries including arming and disabling alarms and properly locking and unlocking doors.
Education and Experience:
- Some High School
- 3-year driver’s license holder
This position pays $11.75/hr and is required to work less than 20 hours a week. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IHLS offers part time benefits to include Dental, Vision and life insurance options. Here at IHLS we have a great work life balance that is part of our company culture.
IHLS is commitment to workplace diversity, building a diverse workforce, and providing equal opportunities to all regardless of age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, national origin, religion, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.