Full Time or Part Time:
Hours: 34 hrs./per pay period which is every two weeks • 2 Sundays every 4 weeks 12:45-5:15 • Weekly: Tuesday 4:15-9:15, Wednesday 8:45-1:45, Thursday 10:00-2:45
$22.10 - $27.63/hr. DOQ. $27.63/hr. is the midpoint of the salary range.
The Addison Public Library is seeking a customer-focused librarian to help connect patrons with their interests and information needs. Along with providing an exceptional patron experience at the Children's Services desk, you will plan and deliver Children's programming. You may lead Storytime, answer one-on-one meeting requests via zoom and in person, and design and implement craft kits. Our Specialists support a culture of learning and are expected to share their expertise with coworkers. You'll also will have the opportunity to work on special projects and participate in library-wide committees.
What we are looking for:
- A great communicator with a positive attitude, knowledge of child development, developmental milestones, and literacy; with a passion for working with children and connecting them to books.
- An excellent researcher who stays current with pop culture and current publishing trends and knows tools and techniques to provide readers' advisory and reference.
- Proficiency in the use of technology, with the patience and professionalism to guide others.
- An MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution is preferred. Enrollment in an ALA-accredited library science graduate program may be considered instead of the degree requirement.
- Two years' experience working with children is required.
Our community is diverse, and your coworkers are, too, so being comfortable engaging with a wide variety of ages, cultures, and abilities is essential.
What we offer:
- Educational opportunities and encouragement for professional growth.
- An organizational culture that embraces change and supports trying new ideas.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- A diverse community that actively uses and supports its public library.
The Addison Public Library is dedicated to fostering lifelong learning and literacy by providing opportunities to explore, create, and connect. We value cultural inclusiveness, respect, and diversity of thought; intellectual freedom; ethical and effective stewardship of resources; engagement with community members; and protection of user privacy and confidentiality.
Please review the complete job description for more details.
Thursday, October 7, 2021
We strongly encourage bilingual (Spanish/English) applicants to apply.
To apply: Please send your cover letter and resume