Salary $41,528.00 - $48,856.00 Annually
Full Time (40 hours per week)
The Town of Normal’s identity is strong and distinct, shaped by its history and unique local assets and by every member of the community. Normal is a progressive community defined by a culture of lifelong learning; agricultural roots; family-friendly neighborhoods; a wealth of arts and entertainment amenities; and a forward-thinking and sustainable approach to community development. The Town of Normal and Normal Public Library are committed to providing exceptional customer service, fiscal sustainability, and promoting a work environment and a community that values and supports diversity and inclusion.
Normal Public Library seeks a creative, innovative, tech-savvy, team-oriented individual to join an outstanding technical services team within an organization dedicated to providing excellent services, collections, and programs to all in our community. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Duties/Essential Job Functions
- Process and classify library materials
- Provide direct customer assistance
- Create positive experiences for library patrons by effectively and efficiently performing job tasks
- Present a positive image of the library in attitude, communications, and appearance while performing duties in both the public and staff areas
- Demonstrate professional, positive, cooperative, team-oriented working relationships
- Serve on library committees
- Supervise staff as assigned in the absence of a supervisor
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned, relative to operational needs of the library
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail
- Willingness and courage to create, innovate, and explore new ideas
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of equity, diversity and the importance of inclusion within the organization and through delivery of services
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated ability to interact harmoniously and communicate well with customers and staff
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations of all ages
- Excellent skills utilizing traditional and emerging technologies
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and to varied work schedules
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; public speaking presentation skills
- Physical ability to perform a variety of tasks in a wide variety of situations including working with large groups of people, bending, and lifting materials on a regular basis
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work a schedule that includes some days, evenings, and weekends.
Desirable Training and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and previous library experience preferred. Experience processing materials in a public library preferred, or any other training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Well-qualified individuals for this role are flexible, creative, self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude.
Applications will be accepted from qualified applicants until position is filled and should include cover letter, current resume, and a list of three references with current contact information. Please upload your supporting documents as PDFs and include your name in the file name. Submit all application materials here.
Normal Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.