Due to retirement, the Kewanee Public Library District is seeking a caring, creative, and confident new Director. Located in west central Illinois, the Library District serves a diverse community of 14,000 people. The new Director will lead the Library District into the future by empowering the community 's growth and connection through library services and programs.
Serving the District in a beautifully renovated and restored Carnegie building, the Library District 's regular staff of 18 work with a budget of $1 million dollars and the support of the Board of Trustees, Friends of the Library, and community. The chosen leader will coordinate and cooperate with all stakeholders moving forward within the framework of a recently adopted strategic plan.
The Director works closely with a 7 member, elected Board of Trustees. The Board cherishes the Library and their hard-working staff. Library Board and staff strive to meet the needs of the community by connecting people with equitable access to resources, services, programs, and technology.
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
- Master 's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited library school
- 5+ years of full-time professional experience in a public library including 3 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the Illinois Public Library District Act and Library District management a plus.
- Proven communication skills, experience marketing services and programming to the public and local organizations, knowledge of public financial matters, and developed leadership attributes
- Ability to provide the proper setting for the continuing education and growth of the existing group of talented and customer-friendly employees
- The new Director will embrace the philosophy of servant leadership and will have the ability to exercise judgment/discretion when dealing with public and staff
- Ability to expand community relationships and partnerships with creativity, high energy, and a positive attitude
- Spanish fluency desirable
Salary range starting at $63,000 with compensation negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package including paid sick leave, competitive health insurance, and participation in IMRF.
Kewanee Public Library District
102 S. Tremont
Kewanee, IL 61443
How to apply
Please apply by sending a thoughtful cover letter, a concise resume, and the contact information for at least 3 professional references to email@example.com.