Maryville Community Library is seeking candidates for a Full-Time Circulation Specialist. The Circulation Specialist will be expected to perform all daily administrative duties associated with library services. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting patrons in person, over the phone and online, running reports, creating and maintaining files, basic research, operation of various office equipment. The ideal candidate will also assist with library programs for all ages. They will bring a dedicated work ethic and a desire to join a great team of coworkers looking to grow the Maryville Community Library.
Associates or Bachelors preferred, but not required
Previous Library experience required
- Must have great interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people of all ages as this position requires a high level of interaction with the public.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task while helping patrons
- Proficiency with Windows-based computers, Microsoft Office, and internet resources
- Knowledge of Polaris/LEAP
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs is required
- Valid Driver’s License
Background check required.
Schedule is 40 hours a week and includes 3 evening shifts.
Benefits include: Health Insurance, IMRF, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please email resume with 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE Statement: Maryville Community Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status