Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) is looking for a Delivery & Facilities Director to oversee the delivery of materials for more than 520 libraries throughout central and southern Illinois, as well as the facilities at our three hub locations. The successful applicant will provide leadership to their team and serve on the Leadership Team. A very specific relationship exists with the agencies involved with delivery throughout the state of Illinois. There is also collaborative work with professional organizations throughout the state and on a national level.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or 2:1 or 4 years’ experience in a related field.
- Relevant experience at a management level may be substituted for education or equivalent experience.
- Five years’ experience in transportation logistics and/or facilities management.
- A minimum of 5 years in a leadership role and excellent customer service experience required working with all levels of an organization.
- Five years’ experience working in a library system is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources concepts, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services in a library environment. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to understand manual and the electronic development of transportation routes.
- Ability to plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
- Ability to analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural changes to improve operations.
Salary range for this position is $68,778-$103,167. and this position will be located in our Edwardsville hub location.
IHLS offers an extensive benefits package to include paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), employer-paid life insurance, and the ability to add additional life insurance coverages. Here at IHLS we have a great work-life balance that is part of our company culture.
Interested applicants send resumes to email@example.com.
About Illinois Heartland Library System:
Our mission is to support member libraries of all types in providing quality library services. IHLS facilitates access to shared resources, advocates for libraries, promotes innovation, and develops community partnerships. Here at IHLS, we have a great work-life balance that is part of our company culture. IHLS was named among the Greater St. Louis Top Workplaces by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in 2022!
IHLS is committed to workplace diversity, building a diverse workforce, and providing equal opportunities to all regardless of age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, national origin, religion, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.