Located between Champaign and Kankakee, the Gilman-Danforth District Library serves approximately 3,000 people in two townships in East Central Illinois with an annual budget of $200.000. The full time library director (40 hours a week) supervises 1 full time Assistant Director, 4 part time Library Assistants, and 1 part time Clerical staff member.
The 7,500 square foot library was built in 2002 and is completely handicapped accessible. A community room serves as a meeting place for a number of organizations and community events. The library is fully furnished with electronic equipment for staff and patron use. There are well-established programs for children and adults.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree in Library Science preferred
- Experience in fiscal management and planning and grant writing
- Ability to work well with library staff, trustees, and community groups
- Thorough knowledge of current trends, technology, and best practices for public libraries
- Knowledge and experience with Children’s programming a plus
Please send letter of application, resume, and three references to:
email@example.com or by mail to Gilman-Danforth District Library, ATTN: Hiring Committee, 715 North Maple Street, Gilman, IL 60938-1747 by August 15, 2022.